Fairport Convention tell the tale of their 45 remarkable years of folk rock history
Members of the band past and present have spoken frankly and fully to author Nigel Schofield about the music, the tours, and the life they led as Fairporters. Including new and previously unpublished contributions from Richard Thompson, Simon Nicol, Dave Pegg, Sandy Denny, Dave Swarbrick, Ric Sanders, Dave Mattacks, Gerry Conway, Chris Leslie, Ashley Hutchings, Judy Dyble, Maartin Allcock, Trevor Lucas, Dan ar Braz and Jerry Donahue. There are also contributions from John Peel, Robert Plant, Joe Boyd and Ken Russell among many others.
This 424-page book for the first time tells the full, unexpurgated story of Fairport Convention in the words of the people who were there, from Hornsey to Cropredy.
- Limited first edition of 2,000 copies
- Each copy signed by all of the current band members
- Included with each book is a newly commissioned 45-minute documentary on DVD
- Bound in traditional buckram cloth and screen-printed with a specially commissioned cover illustration
- 16-page picture section with candid photographs of band members, friends and co-performers.